The Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) offers broadly 2 immigration categories: the Labour Impact Category for various skilled workers and the Business Impact Category for entrepreneurs and investors.
The PEI PNP Express Entry is for applicants who meet the federal requirements for Express Entry and want to work and reside in the province of Prince Edward Island.
If you are nominated through the PEI PNP Express Entry, then it is more likely that you will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence in Canada.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for the PEI PNP Express Entry?
If you want to apply for the PEI PNP Express Entry, then you must meet the requirements for 1 of the 3 Federal Economic Immigration programs:
Federal Skilled Worker Program: With the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you must have at least a high school diploma, continuous full-time work experience for at least 1 year in an occupation classified in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code:
- Skill Level 0 - management jobs,
- Skill Level A - professional jobs requiring a university degree, or
- Skill Level B - technical jobs or skilled trades often requiring a college degree or an apprenticeship
You will also be required to demonstrate language proficiency with a level 7 in the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) for English or French.
Federal Skilled Trades Program: The Federal Skilled Trades Program has
no minimum education level required. However, you must:
- Have at least 2 years of full-time work experience in a skilled trade
- Also have either a valid job offer or certification of qualification issued by a Canadian authority in your chosen skilled trade
- Demonstrate language proficiency with a CLB level 4 in English or French
Canadian Experience Class (CEC): The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) has no minimum education level requirement. However, you will be required to have:
- At least 1 year of full-time work experience in Canada
- Or part-time and noncontinuous is also valid as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours and obtained in the last 3 years before applying
- Work experience in an occupation classified as skill level 0, A or B in the NOC code
- You will also be required to demonstrate language proficiency in English or French
For the PEI Express Entry, you are not required to have a valid job offer from a designated employer in the province. However, your application will be given top priority if you have a job offer and are currently working and living in the province.
What is the Process to Apply for the PEI Express Entry Stream?
To apply for the PEI Express Entry stream, you must create a PEI PNP Expression of Interest (EOI) profile. You must complete the profile by providing the required identification and passport information. You can only have 1 active profile for Express Entry.
If your profile is approved, then you will receive an invitation to apply for the PEI PNP.
Your profile will be assessed based on the Express Entry stream points grid and you will be awarded points out of 100.
The points awarded vary based on whether you have a valid job offer or not. You can research the current labor needs in the province to see if your skill set satisfies the requirements.
If you are invited to apply, then you must submit an application for permanent residency to the government body of Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).