Express Entry Processing Time
If you are eligible for Express Entry, your application can stay in the pool for up to 12 months depending on your CRS score and the government’s objective during the respective draws. If the IRCC invites you to apply, then you will have 60 days to submit an online application for permanent residency.
The IRCC aims to process your application for permanent residency within 6 months. If you do not receive an ITA within 12 months, then you can update your profile and you will need to re-enter the pool.
Express Entry Refusal
These are some of the top reasons for why an ITA may be denied:
- Not meeting the requirements
- Failure to understand what the government is looking for
- Errors within the submission
- Failure to optimize points within regulations
How Can I Avoid a Canadian Immigration Refusal?
Applying for an Express Entry visa is a complicated and competitive process that becomes quite timely—especially if you have to re-submit your application. Working with an experienced immigration lawyer can help eliminate errors and optimize your profile.
By working with My Visa Source on your Canada Express Entry Visa, we will start by ensuring your profile is completed honestly and accurately, with all the required paperwork uploaded within the 90-day deadline.
Other Express Entry Questions That Our Licensed Immigration Professionals Can Answer
Not every question can be answered on a web page and your situation is unique. You may have more questions pertaining to your specific circumstances that are not listed here. Let us help you.
- Do I qualify for Express Entry?
- How many points do I need to be selected for an ITA?
- Will I know how many CRS points I have before the draw?
- Do I need a job offer to apply for Express Entry?
- What is an authorized job offer?
- How many points will I get with my job offer?
- What are the six selection factors?
- What is the point breakdown for core human capital factors?
- Do I need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?
- Once I am in the pool, can I change my information on my profile?
- What happens if I have a birthday before I submit my permanent residence application?
- If I get a PNP nomination do I need to move to that specific province/territory?
- Should I apply to the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Express Entry first? How does FSW funnel into EE?
- Should I apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program or the Express Entry first? How does FSTP funnel into EE?
- Should I apply to the Canadian Experience Class Program or the Express Entry first? How does CEC funnel into EE?
- How do Express Entry and Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) work together?
- What are some misconceptions about the Express Entry program?
Why Contact My Visa Source for an Assessment?
Congratulations on taking your first step towards the Express Entry process in Canada.
Immigration lawyers at My Visa Source dedicate themselves to your immigration case, providing legal representation tailored to your personal situation.
Our expertise focuses on immigration and visa programs for Canada and the United States, including global immigration.
Partnering with an award-winning immigration team greatly increases the likelihood of achieving your specific immigration or visa goals.
Immigration is a complex process that requires strong legal strategy, precise paperwork and perfect attention to detail and experience dealing with immigration officials and government departments, reducing the risk of wasted time, money or permanent rejection.
Begin Your Application for Express Entry Today
Securing personalized legal help is quick and simple. Begin with our one-minute online immigration assessment form or call us toll-free at 1-866-605-1397.
We have a dedicated team of licensed professionals standing by, ready to answer your immigration and visa questions. We’ve been helping people from over 120 countries for over a decade and can help you too.
Book a personal consultation to speak with an award-winning immigration lawyer either in person, over the telephone, or through a video conference.
We're open 6am-9pm PST & EST, 7 days a week and are ready for in person, phone, and video consultations.