How Canadian Work Permits Work

Watch this video to learn about Canadian Work Permits.

Next, fill out the Online Assessment form and within one business day (often much quicker) we will follow up with you to schedule your immigration consultation.

Start Your Assessment

For thousands of foreigners every year, working in Canada symbolizes a chance at a better life and there’s no reason that this can’t be a reality for you as well.

Canadian work permits (or work visas) allow individuals abroad to fill the gaps in the Canadian work force. If you wish to immigrate to Canada and to work you will require a work permit.

A work permit may also qualify an applicant to receive permanent residency in the long run. But, it should certainly be noted that obtaining such a permit is no easy feat. Improper filling or filing of one’s application can quickly extinguish one’s dream to work in Canada before it even gets started.

It is for just such a reason why having an immigration professional in your corner can alleviate much of the stress associated with the application process, accompanied by a greater chance for a successful result.

Who is a Canadian Work Permit for?

A work permit in Canada is for foreign workers who want to enter the thriving Canadian Market place to meet the demands of employers in a vibrant market place where there is a skills shortage and Canadians who can not fill the many open positions.

Work permits are available to individuals with a variety of educational and work experience backgrounds. They can also be utilized by both full-time and part-time workers, such as students.

Canada work permits represent great opportunity for many people and it's for this reason why it is important that you consult an immigration professional to further assure that your application is properly processed.

What to ask a licensed Canadian immigration professional about this work permit?

With over 30 years of combined experience of our immigration lawyers, one thing that we’ve noticed over the years is that many Canadian work permits are rejected because the right questions were not addressed.

Here are some very important questions you want to ask any person you are planning on hiring to help you with your Canadian work permit-application:

  • If I simply apply for a job, can I come and work?
  • What are the requirements to obtain a work permit?
  • Who is qualified to offer an employment opportunity in Canada for which you would receive a work permit?
  • If I immigrate to Canada with a work permit, will my spouse also be able to work in the country?
  • What are the usual work permit processing time of applicantions?

The immigration professional should have no problems answering these important questions for you.

Why Contact My Visa Source for an Assessment?

Congratulations on taking your first step toward working and living in Canada. The more research you do on the immigration process, the more you will learn about your specific situation and how we can help you navigate through the Work Visa & Permit process.

Immigration lawyers at My Visa Source dedicate themselves to your immigration case, providing legal representation tailored to your personal situation.

Our expertise focuses on immigration and visa programs for Canada and the United States, including global immigration.

Partnering with an award-winning immigration team greatly increases the likelihood of achieving your specific immigration or visa goals.

Immigration is a complex process that requires strong legal strategy, precise paperwork and perfect attention to detail, reducing the risk of wasted time, money or permanent rejection.

Begin Your Application for Work Visa & Permit Today

Securing personalized legal help is quick and simple. Begin with our one-minute online assessment form or call us toll-free at 1-888-509-1987.

We have a dedicated team of licensed professionals standing by, ready to answer your immigration and visa questions.

Book a personal consultation to speak with an award-winning immigration lawyer over the phone, on Skype or in-person at our downtown Toronto and Vancouver offices.

Take a Look at Some of our Client Reviews »

"The team at My Visa Source were good to deal with through our work permit and permanent residency processes. We could not have done it without them!"
5-Green-Star-Review 5 out of 5 » Rating by: Shannon M.

“Sunny is a very helpful person and professional as well. I inquired about work permit and PR application questions and got problems resolved very quickly.” 5-Green-Star-Review 5 out of 5 » Rating by: Junru T.

“Sonia was so helpful throughout the process. She and her team really took care of us and explained what was going on the whole time, including advice and updates on processing times and expectations. When I began the immigration process, it was daunting. I tried to go it on my own only to find out that I needed professional help. We appreciate the hard work Sonia and her team put in to make our application process simpler. She helped me with my work permit and eventually permanent residency. Thank you so much!” 5-Green-Star-Review 5 out of 5 » Rating by: Sarah S.

“The team at My Visa Source really saved me! From the very first time I called and spoke with the team at "my visa source" they were nothing but extremely helpful and professional and always going out of their way to do whatever needed to ensure my work permit extension / renewal , and also then permanent resident application was submitted on time and accepted / approved to ensure I could stay in the country and work and not disrupt my working status.

We had a fairly short and critical time frame to work on and they got the job done! I can't thank the team enough for the help they provided and I also appreciate the very fair and competitive rates they charged compared to other visa specialists and lawyers. Other lawyers wanted big cash up front but they spoke to me for a lengthy period of time over the phone and explained my options so I could decide what services I needed before going forward. I can't thank Sonia and Sunny and the team enough. Thanks guys!!” 5-Green-Star-Review 5 out of 5 » Rating by: Tim M.

“From the first time we contacted My Visa Source, all of our questions were answered and we were provided with really great legal advice free of charge. During the process, we were guided through all the legal paperwork for a Work Visa application, and we always had access to a team of experts and consultants.

One of the things that stand out the most, was the attention to detail – all the paperwork and requirements were checked more than once to ensure there were no mistakes to avoid delays and to make sure we were successful. The amount of time that was spent on our file is above and beyond what we expected, and we greatly appreciated the friendly, professional and exceptional customer service from the team at My Visa Source!” 5-Green-Star-Review 5 out of 5 » Rating by: Rachel Y.