It provides the fastest way for skilled workers to gain permanent residency in British Columbia.
If your application is successful, then the province will grant you nomination and an invitation to apply for permanent residency to the government body of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
What is the Eligibility Criteria for the Skilled Worker (EEBC)?
You must meet the following criteria to qualify for this stream:
- Be eligible for 1 of the 3 Federal Economic Immigration programs: Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades or Canadian Experience Class
- Have an active Express Entry profile
- Have a valid job offer from a designated employer in the province for a full-time skilled occupation classified as National Occupation Classification (NOC) code 0 (management jobs), A (professional jobs) or B (technical jobs or tradespeople)
- Have the appropriate license, training to work in your occupation
- Have the offered salary relevant to the current wage rate in British Columbia
- Have a minimum of 2 years of skilled work experience in your occupation
- Meet the settlement fund requirements for yourself and your dependents
- Have a valid legal temporary residence status in Canada
- Meet the minimum language requirements
What are the Requirements for the Employers Under the Skilled Worker (EEBC)?
The employer must support your application for a Skilled Worker (EEBC) if they want to hire you. The employer must meet the following requirements to hire a foreign skilled worker:
- Be established and in good standing with the immigration officials in British Columbia
- Provide a job offer for a full-time permanent position
- Comply with the business rules and regulations
- Sign an employer declaration
- Offer wage relevant to the current salary being offered in the province for the particular occupation
- Meet the advertising requirements if applicable
How to Apply for the Skilled Worker (EEBC)?
The Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS) manages the applications for the Skilled Worker (EEBC). You will be required to have an active profile under the SIRS.
Your application will be assessed based on the validity of your job offer and human capital factors like work experience, language skills and educational background.
Based on how high you score, you will receive the provincial nomination to apply for permanent residency to the IRCC.
Call and speak to our team, so that they can book a time with a licensed immigration professional who will answer all your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) the Skilled Worker (EEBC)
If you want to immigrate to British Columbia through the EEBC without a job offer, then you can opt for the International Post-Graduate (EEBC) category.
You can not apply for this stream if:
- You are barred from entering Canada
- You do not have a valid status in Canada
- Your temporary residence status has expired and you failed to apply for restoration within the 90 day period
- You are working in Canada without a valid work permit
- You were issued a removal order
- You are currently residing abroad
Why Start with My Visa Source with a Free Online Assessment?
Congratulations on taking your first step towards Permanent Residency in Canada through this Express Entry aligned PNP Stream.
My Visa Source's immigration lawyers dedicate themselves to your immigration case, providing legal representation tailored to your personal situation.
Our expertise focuses on immigration and visa programs for Canada and the United States, including global immigration.
Partnering with an award-winning immigration team greatly increases the likelihood of achieving your specific immigration or visa goals.
Immigration is a complex process that requires strong legal strategy, precise paperwork, and perfect attention to detail and experience dealing with immigration officials and government departments, reducing the risk of wasted time, money or permanent rejection.
Begin Your Application for Express Entry & PNP Today!
Securing personalized legal help is quick and simple. Begin with our one-minute online assessment form or call us toll-free at 1-888-509-1987.
We have a dedicated team of licensed professionals standing by, ready to answer your immigration and visa questions. We’ve been helping people from over 120 countries for over a decade and can help you too.
Book a personal consultation to speak with an award-winning immigration lawyer either in-person, over the telephone, or through a video conference.
We're open 6am-9pm PST & EST, 7 days a week, and are ready for in-person, phone, and video consultations.