Thousands of people qualify for a Canadian Study Permits every single year, why not you too? Canada is home to many top colleges, technical institutions, universities and more. On an annual basis, over 130,000 students come to Canada to study and gain international experience. In order to immigrate to Canada to study, one must apply for a study permit.
A study permit allows a student to reside in Canada for the duration of their studies. During this time, depending on your visa, you may qualify to work up to 20 hours per week during your semester and full-time during your semester breaks. These are all matters that may require a immigration professional to help clarify and insure.
A student visa is a rather complicated document to try to negotiate by one’s self and many contain clauses that would overlooked by a novice. Improper filling and filing of an application will result in denied entry.
Three Key Things Students Need to Know Before Applying for a Study Permit in Canada?
- In order for a student to apply for a study permit an applicant must have been accepted by a Canadian college, technical institute, university or the like.
- An applicant will have to be able to demonstrate they they will have adequate funds to pay for items such as tuition, living expenses, return transportation just to name a few.
- It is important to apply for the study permit with your acceptance letter as early as possible to ensure that their is no delay in starting your desired program.
What to ask a licensed Canadian immigration professional about study student permits?
Often we’ve noticed that Canadian Study permits are rejected because the right questions were not discussed. It is for this reason why it always recommended to seek out the services of the most experienced and qualified immigration firm:
Here are some very important questions you want to ask any person you are planning on hiring to help you with your Canadian Study permit application.
- What type of studies qualify for a study permit?
- How long in duration do my studies have to be in order to qualify for a study permit?
- Can an English language program qualify for a study permit?
- If you have family, you may want to ask if they too can study or work in Canada?
Why Contact My Visa Source for an Assessment?
The professionals at My Visa Source have a solid understanding of the education institutions available across the nation, program requirements, deadlines, what you require in order to get enrolled and of course the study permit requirements to get you in Canada to study.
Along with the study permit, we have an extensive amount of experience in assisting with students becoming eligible to work if they wish to both work while studying in Canada. Our firm can also advise on a long-term plan to gain permanent residency after your studies depending on the program which you are interested in which can also be discussed further.
Whether you are travelling to Canada under a Student visa or are looking to form your studies into a Canadian Experienced Class consideration, you can have peace of mind that your visa application is being processed with the utmost care and detail.
What to do next
Getting started is simple, just fill out our Assessment Form, or call us at 1-888-368-4608 for an assessment of your immigration matter.