Quebec recently introduced 3 new pilot programs to encourage immigration to Quebec for temporary foreign workers and international graduates employed in the food industry, some healthcare professions and technology workers. These immigration pilot programs were introduced to meet the local labor demands of the province.
Among the new pilot programs, the Quebec Pilot Program for Orderlies will encourage the immigration of orderlies, nurse aides, and patient service associates who are already employed in Quebec and are fluent in the French language. The program will accept applications from Mar 31, 2021, until Oct 3, 2021, and will invite around 550 applicants in 2021.
What Are the Eligibility Requirements for the Quebec Pilot Program for Orderlies?
Applicants to this program must already be residing in Quebec and employed as orderlies, nurse aides, or patient service associates. Also, they must be fluent in the French language. In addition to this, this program has been divided into two streams to clearly define the eligibility requirements:
- Work Stream: This stream is for temporary foreign workers residing in Quebec. Applicants must meet the following requirements
- Have a diploma related to the field of work in NOC 3414 that is deemed equivalent to a Quebec vocational diploma or higher
- Have at least 24 months of full-time work experience in NOC 3413 obtained in the last 3 years before the date of application
- 12 months of your work experience must be gained in Quebec
2. Studies-Work Stream: This stream is for international graduates residing in Quebec. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a Quebec vocational diploma related to the field of work in NOC 3413 obtained in the last 2 years before the date of application
- Have at least 12 months of work experience obtained through employment in NOC 3413
What Is the Process of Applying for the Quebec Pilot Program for Orderlies?
Applicants will be required to submit their application for this program through Quebec’s online immigration platform, Arrima. If they meet the required eligibility criteria, they will be able to successfully apply for this program. Applying for permanent residence in Quebec is a 2-step process.
The applicant will be required to obtain a Quebec Certificate of Selection (Certificat de sélection du Québec, CSQ). The CSQ then allows the applicant to apply for permanent residence to the federal government. If the applicant clears all admissibility requirements, then they will be invited to apply for permanent residence.
Call and speak to our team, so that they can book a time with a licensed immigration professional who will answer all your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the Quebec Pilot Program for Orderlies
If your work experience was obtained from outside of Quebec, then it must correspond to one of the following occupations: See NOC codes.
- NOC 3011: Nursing Coordinator and Supervisor
- NOC 3012: Registered Nurse and Registered Psychiatric Nurse
- NOC 3124: Allied Primary Health Practitioner
- NOC 3233: Licensed Practical Nurse
- NOC 4412: Home Support Worker, Housekeeper, and Related Occupations.
The new pilot program will remain in effect until January 1, 2026.
Interested applicants can apply for this program from March 31, 2021, until October 31, 2021. However, only 600 applicants will be considered under this program for this year.
The Quebec government recently launched the Quebec Pilot Program for Workers in Food Processing and the Pilot Program for Workers in the AI, IT, and VFX Sectors for foreign workers who want to immigrate to Quebec.
Why Start with My Visa Source with a Free Online Assessment?
Congratulations on taking your first step towards Permanent Residency in Canada!
My Visa Source's immigration lawyers dedicate themselves to your immigration case, providing legal representation tailored to your personal situation.
Our expertise focuses on immigration and visa programs for Canada and the United States, including global immigration.
Partnering with an award-winning immigration team greatly increases the likelihood of achieving your specific immigration or visa goals.
Immigration is a complex process that requires strong legal strategy, precise paperwork, and perfect attention to detail and experience dealing with immigration officials and government departments, reducing the risk of wasted time, money or permanent rejection.
Begin Your Application for This PR Program Today!
Securing personalized legal help is quick and simple. Begin with our one-minute online assessment form or call us toll-free at 1-888-509-1987.
We have a dedicated team of licensed professionals standing by, ready to answer your immigration and visa questions. We’ve been helping people from over 120 countries for over a decade and can help you too.
Book a personal consultation to speak with an award-winning immigration lawyer either in-person, over the telephone, or through a video conference.
We're open 6am-9pm PST & EST, 7 days a week, and are ready for in-person, phone, and video consultations.