The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) offers the Skilled Worker Immigration Stream (MPNP) for foreign skilled workers relevant to the labor market needs of the province.
As a skilled foreign worker with the required work experience and a valid job offer, you can apply for provincial nomination under 1 of the 2 immigration programs offered by this stream.
This stream requires you to submit an “Expression of Interest” and score the minimum 60 required points on the Points Assessment Grid to be eligible.
What are the Different Immigration Programs Offered Under the Skilled Worker Immigration Stream (MPNP)?
The following 2 programs are offered under the Skilled Worker Immigration Stream. *Click the name of the program to go to the information that you’re most interested in:
Skilled Workers in Manitoba (MPNP)
Skilled Workers Overseas (MPNP)
Skilled Workers in Manitoba (MPNP):
If you are a foreign skilled worker currently residing in the province of Manitoba, then you can apply for this stream. You will be required to meet the following eligibility criteria to qualify:
- Must be working in Manitoba for a designated employer for a period of at least 6 months on a valid work permit before applying
- Have a valid job offer for a full-time permanent position from the employer you are currently working for
- Score a minimum of a level 4 on the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) for an occupation classified as National Occupational Classification (NOC) code Skill level C - intermediate jobs often requiring high school education or job-specific training or D - labor jobs that usually give on-the-job training
- No minimum education level is required. However, a post-secondary education certificate will add points to the Points Assessment Grid
- Submit a settlement plan specifying your intention to adapt to life in Manitoba
- Demonstrate enough financial resources to meet the settlement fund requirements
Skilled Workers Overseas (MPNP):
If you are a foreign skilled worker currently residing outside Canada but have a strong connection to the province, you can apply for this stream. You will be required to meet the following requirements to qualify:
Prove a strong connection: You can prove a strong connection to the province by showing past education or work experience in Manitoba, have a close relative or friend supporting your application or be invited through an MPNP Strategic Recruitment Initiative or a MPNP Exploratory Visit.
Language Proficiency: There is no minimum language proficiency requirement for occupations classified as NOC code Skill level 0 - managerial jobs, A - professional jobs or B - technical jobs or tradesmen. However, for occupations at NOC skill level C - intermediate jobs or D - laborer jobs, you must score at least a level 4 or higher on the CLB for English or French.
Level of Education: No minimum education level is required. However, a post-secondary degree or certificate will increase your ranking and positively impact your nomination application.
Points Assessment Grid: You must score at least 60 points out of 100 on the Points Assessment Grid for Manitoba.
Settlement Plan: You must submit a settlement plan highlighting your plan to adapt to life in Manitoba.
Settlement Funds: You must demonstrate enough financial resources to have a minimum of $10,000 in settlement funds if you are applying alone. If you are applying with an accompanying family member, then you must have an additional $2,000 per family member.
If your application is approved for 1 of these programs, then you will receive the provincial nomination.