How Do Temporary Resident Permits (TRP) Work in Canada?

It can be an overwhelming and unpleasant experience to learn that you are not able to enter Canada for reasons such as a past criminal conviction. Temporary Resident Permits also knows as TRP’s allow individuals who are inadmissible or denied entry to come to Canada if they have a valid reason to visit along with the required documentation. Temporary Resident Permits can allow you to work, study or visit if you otherwise were not admissible to Canada.

Who is a Canadian Temporary Resident Permit for?

A Temporary Resident Permit can be useful for a variety of different situations where you have either been denied entry at a Canadian border or have learned of your inadmissibility prior to travelling to Canada. An example of a reason which may make you unable to enter the country is being charged with driving under the influence, such as a DUI. Another reason why you may be deemed inadmissible to enter Canada is because you suffer from a medical condition that could be deemed as being excessively demanding on the health care system. However, with a TRP, you may still be eligible to enter Canada.

What to Ask a Licensed Canadian Immigration Professional About TRPs?

Important questions to ask a licensed immigration professional are, what compelling reason would allow someone deemed inadmissible entry into Canada. You should also ask, does the length of time since my criminal conviction play a factor in obtaining a TRP?  Another question to ask is how long is my Temporary Resident Permit valid and does it allow multiple or single visits to Canada. It is crucial to have the licensed Canadian immigration practitioner know the circumstances surround your refusal to enter Canada as the granting of each TRP is on a individual basis.

Why Contact My Visa Source for an Assessment?

Congratulations on taking your first step toward visiting, studying or working in Canada. The more research you do on the immigration process, the more you will learn about your specific situation and how we can help you navigate through the Temporary Resident Permit process.

Lawyers at My Visa Source dedicate themselves to your immigration case, providing legal representation tailored to your personal situation. Our expertise focuses on immigration and visa programs for Canada and the United States, including global immigration.

Partnering with an award-winning immigration team greatly increases the likelihood of achieving your specific immigration or visa goals. Immigration is a complex process that requires strong legal strategy, precise paperwork and perfect attention to detail, reducing the risk of wasted time, money or permanent rejection.

Begin Your Application For Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) Today

Securing personalized legal help is quick and simple. Begin with our one-minute online assessment form or call us toll-free at 1-888-509-1987.

We have a dedicated team of licensed professionals standing by, ready to answer your immigration and visa questions.

Book a personal consultation to speak with an award-winning immigration lawyer over the phone, on Skype or in-person at our downtown Toronto and Vancouver offices.