According to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), in July, over 6,000 invitations were issued to the applicants of the Canadian Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Out of the 13 provinces and territories in Canada, 11 operate their PNPs, except Quebec Immigration and the territory, Nunavut.
The PNPs encourage the provinces to nominate applicants for provincial nomination based on their unique selection criteria to meet the shortages and demands of the local labor markets. This way, provinces and territories can ensure their economic growth and sustainability.
Over the next 3 years, PNPs are expected to add 80,000 new immigrants by 2023. Most PNPs offer at least one immigration stream aligned with the federal Express Entry system. They are known as Enhanced PNP Streams.
How Did the Express Entry Aligned PNP Streams Perform in July 2021?
The IRCC has been conducting bi-weekly draws from the Enhanced PNP stream since the beginning of this year. During July 2021, the IRCC conducted 2 Express Entry draws targeting applicants to these Enhanced PNP streams. On July 7, the IRCC invited 627 applicants, while on July 27, another 462 applicants were invited to apply for provincial nominations.
Compared to June, these draws were comparatively low. However, the sizes of the draws this year have been record-breaking and the CRS score requirement has been falling throughout the year. Overall, the IRCC has invited almost 100,000 applicants through these draws this year.
An Overview of All the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) Involved in July 2021
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP):
The OINP conducted a total of 5 draws in July 2021. A total of 2,907 applicants were invited.
- July 7: The OINP issued 21 invitations to applicants interested in applying for the Entrepreneur Stream.
- July 13: The OINP invited a total of 1,685 applicants to the Foreign Worker and International Student streams under the Employer Job Offer category.
- On July 15: The OINP conducted its first-ever PNP draw from the In-Demand Skills stream and invited a total of 55 applicants.
- On July 21: The OINP invited 115 applicants to the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream.
- On July 27: The OINP invited 1031 applicants to the Human Capital Priorities Stream (EE-OINP).