EB-3 Visa for the US » Employment-Based Immigration for You

Watch this video to learn if you need an EB-3 Visa to work and live in the US.

Next, fill out the Online Assessment form and within one business day (often much quicker) we will follow up with you to schedule your immigration consultation.

Start Your Assessment

The United States offers many employment positions for foreign nationals who want to move to the US permanently for work and to live. You may be a skilled worker, unskilled worker (also known as other workers), or a professional and if you meet eligibility requirements, you may be granted an EB-3 green card.

Who Qualifies or is Eligible for the EB-3 for the United States? 

The EB-3 third preference visa is for individuals, families, and businesses seeking permanent residency as a skilled worker, professional, or other workers, otherwise known as unskilled workers.

What is the EB-3 Visa? 

The EB-3 visa, also known as the Skilled Worker Green Card is for employment-based immigrants who are either skilled workers, professionals, or other workers.

What are the Requirements for the EB-3 Visa? 

Skilled Workers 

To qualify as a skilled worker, you must have a minimum of two years of training or work experience. The job you have been offered must be temporary or seasonal and there must be no qualified US workers for the job.


To qualify as a professional, you must have at least a US baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent that is the normal requirement for entry into the occupation. There must be no qualified US workers available for the job you will perform.

Unskilled Workers 

To qualify as an unskilled worker, you must be capable of performing unskilled labor that requires less than two years of training or experience, that is not of a temporary or seasonal nature, for which qualified workers are not available in the United States.

What is the EB-3 Visa Processing Time? 

Processing times for US visas vary depending on several factors:

  • The office or service center responsible for processing the file
  • The type of immigrant visa
  • EB-1 visa interview wait times (if applicable)
  • Whether the applicant can qualify for an expedited interview appointment
  • Whether Expedited processing is available
  • Whether Premium Processing is available
  • Providing insufficient or incomplete documents can lead to delays in processing and even denials

Top 10 Reasons for Refusal of the EB-3 Application 

While there are many reasons why your employment-based application could be refused, we have listed the top ten most common ones here:

  1. Current and or past immigration status and history for the US or abroad, including overstaying and unauthorized employment
  2. Insufficient funds to support themselves during their stay
  3. Incorrect or incomplete petition
  4. Insufficient supporting evidence
  5. Conflicts with travel documentation
  6. Health concerns
  7. Suspicious of malicious intent
  8. Problems with background check
  9. Criminal history/Being convicted of a crime/Suspected or known ties to terrorism
  10. Material Misrepresentation

The EB-3 Visa » Other FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)  

Can I use premium processing for my EB-3? 

Yes, in most cases you should be allowed to expedite your application using premium processing. You will need to fill out a form called I-907 and pay a fee.

Can you work while waiting for the EB-3? 

No, working while waiting for the EB-3 or the adjustment of status application from the EB-3 is not permitted, unless you have filed Form I-765 for a work permit or you are already in the US on a non-immigrant visa that permits you to work for a specific employer.

Can a US citizen sponsor a friend for a green card? 

No, a US Citizen can only sponsor a spouse or unmarried children.

What is the EB-3 application fee? 

There are several costs associated with the EB-3. Please consult one of our immigration professionals.

Why Contact My Visa Source for an Assessment? 

Congratulations on taking your first step toward living and working in the United States.

The more research you do on the immigration process, the more you will learn about your specific situation and how we can help you navigate through the US Employment-Based - EB-3 visa application process.

Immigration lawyers at My Visa Source dedicate themselves to your immigration case, providing legal representation tailored to your personal situation.

Our expertise focuses on immigration and visa programs for the United States and Canada, including global immigration.

Partnering with an award-winning immigration team greatly increases the likelihood of achieving your specific immigration or visa goals.

Begin Your Employment-Based EB-3 Application Today! 

Securing personalized legal help is quick and simple. Begin with our one-minute online immigration assessment form or call us toll-free at 1-888-509-1987.

We have a dedicated team of licensed immigration professionals standing by, ready to answer your immigration and visa questions.

Immigration is a complex process that requires strong legal strategy, precise paperwork and perfect attention to detail, reducing the risk of wasted time, money or permanent rejection.

Book a personal consultation to speak with an award-winning immigration lawyer over the phone or by Skype.