Recently, the New Brunswick government announced the addition of a new immigration pilot program under the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP). Starting April 1, 2022, the New Brunswick International Graduate Stream will offer an immigration pathway for international graduates from 4 designated private career colleges in the province.
International students who graduate one of the following colleges and have studied in one of the 19 targeted occupations under the program will be eligible:
- Atlantic Business College
- McKenzie College
- Eastern College
- Oulton College
This new pilot program is a collaboration between Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and the Opportunities NB (ONB), New Brunswick’s leading business development corporation.
What Are the Eligibility Requirements for the New Brunswick International Graduate Stream?
International graduates from one of the eligible colleges mentioned above will be required to complete a study program in one of the following areas:
- Accounting Technicians and Bookkeepers
- Computer network technicians
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Educational assistants
- Early childhood educators and assistants
- Home support workers
- Health-care aides
- Licensed practical nurses
- Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants
- Medical administrative assistants
- Medical laboratory technologists
- Paramedics and related occupations
- Payroll clerks
- Production logistics co-ordinators
- Social and community service workers
- Shippers and receivers
- Supply Chain and logistics supervisors
- User Support Technicians
- Web designers and developers
*Further eligibility requirements will be revealed in fall 2021.