Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) recently announced that certain international travelers who submitted their Visitor Visa applications before September 7 may get asked to resubmit their application. This information was updated on the IRCC’s website.
Who Is the IRCC Asking to Reapply for the Visitor Visa?
The IRCC has asked certain travelers to resubmit their application for a Visitor Visa if their current application is pending and they need to travel to Canada for the following reasons:
- To reunite with their family in Canada, either permanent residents or temporary residents
- Business purposes
- Compassionate reasons such as attending a funeral, being present for the last moments of a loved one, or providing care to a critically ill person
- As a vessel or marine crew member
- Work in Canada as a diplomat or the accompanying family members of the diplomat
- To handle the affairs of a victim of the Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752
You must include your updated information and previous application number on your next application. By submitting this application, your previous application will get withdrawn. However, the IRCC does not guarantee any refunds or a letter of confirmation of withdrawal. You can also request a withdrawal of your current application if you no longer have plans of visiting Canada.