Despite the travel restrictions, the Canadian border remains open to certain foreign nationals traveling for discretionary purposes There is a certain list of travel requirements that travelers to Canada must meet to be admitted. This includes presenting a negative Covid-19 test result taken at your last departure and having a mandatory 14-day quarantine plan.
If you are traveling to Canada in Spring 2021, there are certain things that you need to be aware of and be prepared for. You can either drive to Canada or fly to Canada. Below is a checklist of things you need to remember depending on how you enter Canada. Avoid being denied entry to Canada by contacting My Visa Source for help.
6 Checklist Items for When You Are Driving to Canada
If you are planning to cross the Canadian border, you must remember the following things:
- Check the travel restrictions imposed by the province or territory you will be traveling to
- Have a mandatory 14-day quarantine plan
- Present a negative Covid-19 test result
- Download the ArriveCan app to upload your quarantine plan
- Enter at a Land Border Port of Entry
- Have your negative test result, quarantine plan and ArriveCan receipt ready to present to the border official
You will be required to take a Covid-19 test on arrival after which you must travel directly to your listed place for quarantine.