Having Trouble Navigating US Immigration for Your Situation? Let Us Help You Find the Right Option

    Watch this video to help you find the right visa for your situation.

    Next, fill out the Online Assessment form and within one business day (often much quicker) we will follow up with you to schedule your immigration consultation.

    Start Your Assessment

    With so many US immigration options available in numerous categories, determining which one fits your situation may be difficult. We’re here to help you at My Visa Source.

    Are you seeking US immigration advice or solutions for yourself or for your family? Maybe you are searching for advice and/or solutions for your business or as an investor?

    My Visa Source is your source for US immigration matters.

    Without the knowledge and experience of navigating US immigration, your case may be unsuccessful. Ensuring a correct and complete application form for the right visa, along with all required documentation, according to the US government process, is our job.

    Who Can Apply For a US Visa?

    US immigration programs make navigating through the process extremely complex. We can help. Which of the following applies to your situation?

    • Individuals
    • Families/Family Members
    • Businesses/Business Owners
    • Investors

    There are two US immigration categories. Which one applies to your situation and what you are seeking?

    • Temporary Residence
    • Permanent Residence

    Within both categories there are countless visa classifications and immigration programs.

    We have organized the following classifications and immigration programs in a clear and concise manner for you, allowing you to scan the headings and find which specific classification or program may apply to your situation.

    Quick Heading Links to the Information You Want

    US Work Visas - For individuals, families, businesses, or investors all seeking Temporary Residence

    Employment-Based Immigration (US Work Visas) - for individuals, families, or businesses, as well as for investors all seeking Permanent Residence

    K-1 - Fiance Visa - for individuals or families seeking Temporary Residence

    Family Based Immigration - Also known as Family Sponsorship - for individuals and families seeking Permanent Residence

    Denied Entry to the US - for individuals seeking Temporary Residence

    Visitor Visas - for individuals seeking Temporary Residence

    Study Visas - for individuals or families seeking Temporary Residence

    J-1 - Exchange Visitor Program - for individuals or families seeking Temporary Residence

    Temporary Worker Visas - Non-immigrant visa for individuals who possess an extraordinary ability. This visa is for individuals or families, or businesses for Temporary Residence

    Temporary Worker Visas - for individuals or families who are seeking Temporary Residence

    Your Next Step in the Immigration Process


    US Work Visas - For individuals, families, businesses, or investors all seeking temporary residence

    • TN - NAFTA Professionals (also known as TN Visa) - Canadians, Mexicans with job offers in the US and their offer of employment is from a list of occupations as defined by the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
    • L-1 - Intracompany Transferee and Specialized Knowledge Employees (also known as L-1) - Employees working for companies outside the United States, such as in Canada, that have branches, subsidiaries, affiliates or joint venture partners in the United States.
    • E-1 - Treaty Traders - For individuals involved in the exchange, purchase or sale of goods/services or merchandise.
    • E-2 - Treaty Investors - For owners and investors in businesses in the United States. The E-2 is a temporary US work visa that may be granted for substantial investments in the US.
    • H-1B - Specialty Occupations, US Department of Defense (DOD) Cooperative Research and Development Project Workers, and Fashion Models - For foreigners to work in ‘specialty occupations’ for US employers. Work performed must involve a high level of skill such as in a professional occupation.
    • H-2B - Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers (also known as H-2B Work
      - Work permits for skilled and unskilled individuals coming to the United States for temporary employment which is non-agricultural.
    • R-1 - (also known as Temporary Non-immigrant Religious Worker Visa) - For eligible religious workers, working directly in religious work, like preaching, to work within the United States for a religious organization.


    Employment-Based Immigration (US Work Visas) - For individuals, families, or businesses, as well as for investors all seeking permanent residence

    • Employment-Based Immigrant Visa for Extraordinary Ability (also known as EB-1 Visa) - If you have an extraordinary ability, are an outstanding professor or researcher, or are a multinational executive or manager, you may qualify for this visa. Each occupational category has certain requirements that must be met.
    • Employment-Based Immigrant Visa (also known as EB-2 Visa) - An employment-based visa for people in professions who hold an advanced degree or its equivalent, or an alien who has exceptional ability.
    • Skilled Worker Green Card (also known as EB-3 Visa) - You may be eligible for this immigrant visa preference category if you are a skilled worker, professional, or other worker.
      • “Skilled workers” are persons whose job requires a minimum of 2 years training or work experience, not of a temporary or seasonal nature.
      • “Professionals” are persons whose job requires at least a U.S. baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent.
      • “Other Workers” also known as "Unskilled Workers" subcategory is for persons performing unskilled labor requiring less than two years training or experience, not of a temporary or seasonal nature.
    • Green Card for Special Immigrants (also known as EB-4 Visa) - If you are a special immigrant, you may be eligible for an employment-based, fourth preference visa. The following special immigrants are eligible for this visa:
      • Certain Physicians
      • International Employees of the US Government Abroad
      • G-4 International Organization or NATO-6 Employees and Their Family Members
      • Broadcasters
      • Armed Forces Members
      • Panama Canal Zone Employees
      • Special Immigrant Juveniles
      • Afghan and Iraqi Nationals Who Have Provided Faith Service in Support of US Operations
      • Religious workers
      • Afghan and Iraqi Translators
    • EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa (also known as EB-5 Visa) - This visa program was created to stimulate the US economy through job creation and capital investment by foreign investors.
      • All EB-5 investors must invest in a new commercial enterprise that was established:
        • After Nov. 29, 1990, or
        • On or before Nov. 29, 1990, that was:
          1. Purchased and the existing business is restructured or reorganized in such a way that a new commercial enterprise results; or
          2. Expanded through the investment, resulting in at least a 40% increase in the net worth or number of employees.


    K-1 - Fiance Visa - For individuals or families seeking temporary residence

    • The K-1 visa, also known as the US Fiancé(e) visa, allows a United States citizen to sponsor his/her fiancé(e) to come to the US in order to get married. This option applies to a relationship in which one partner is residing outside of the United States and the couple is engaged to be married.
      • If you are already married and want to sponsor your spouse to come to the US, or your fiancé is already residing in the US, you will not be eligible to apply for the K-1 visa.
      • Consider spousal sponsorship under the K-3 visa to help your spouse/partner obtain US permanent residency.


    Family Based Immigration - Also known as Family Sponsorship - For individuals and families seeking permanent residence

    • Immediate Relative of a US citizen
      • Spouse of a US citizen
      • Unmarried children under the age of 21 of a US Citizen
      • Parents of a US citizen who is at least 21 years old
    • Other relatives of a US citizen or relative of a lawful permanent resident
      • Family member of a US citizen, meaning you are the:
      • Unmarried son or daughter of a US citizen and you are 21 years old or older
      • Married son or daughter of a US citizen
    • Immediate Relative
      • IR-1 Visa (also called: Spousal Visa)
      • IR-2 Visa (IR-2 Visa for a Child)
      • IR-3 Visa - Visa For Children Adopted Abroad By a US Citizen (Adoption IR-3)
      • IR-4 Visa (Adoption IR-4)
      • IR-5 Parent Visa
    • Family Preference - For individuals and families seeking permanent residence
      • Family First Preference (F1): Unmarried sons and daughters of US citizens, and their minor children.
      • Family Second Preference (F2): Spouses, minor children, and unmarried sons and daughters (age 21 and over).
      • Family Third Preference (F3): Married sons and daughters of US citizens, and their spouses and minor children.
      • Family Fourth Preference (F4): Brothers and sisters of US citizens, and their spouses and minor children, provided the US citizens are at least 21 years of age.


    Denied Entry to the US - For individuals seeking temporary residence

    • I-192 Waiver - Application for Advance Permission to Enter as Non-immigrant
      • The I-192 waiver is for inadmissible non-immigrant aliens who need to apply for advance permission to enter the US on a temporary basis.
      • A non-immigrant alien is someone who is not a US citizen and enters the US for a limited time period for a specific reason.
      • A non-immigrant alien may be considered inadmissible for various reasons, including health, financial, criminal, and security considerations.


    Visitor Visas - For individuals seeking temporary residence

      • B-1 - Business Visa - Non-immigrant visa to travel to the United States on a temporary basis for one of the following activities:
        • Attend business or professional conferences or conventions
        • Consult with business associates
        • Negotiate contracts
        • Purchase goods or materials
        • Appear as a witness in court trials
        • Undertake independent research
        • Applicants are not permitted to perform productive work or accept paid or unpaid employment
      • B-2 - Tourism/Personal
        • The B2 Visa is for citizens of a foreign country who wish to enter the US temporarily for the purposes of tourism, pleasure, medical treatment, or visiting.


    Study Visas - For individuals or families seeking temporary residence

    • To become a full-time international student, you will need either the F-1 or M-1 student visa. These visas are non-immigrant visas that allow you to study in the US provided you meet a set of requirements.
    • F-1 Student Visa
      • The F-1 "Academic Student" visa is meant for individuals who plan to study at an academic institution (including accredited colleges, universities, seminaries, conservatories, academic high schools and elementary schools) or language training program.
      • To qualify, the program in which you are enrolled must culminate in the receipt of a degree, diploma, or certificate and the school must be authorized by the US government to accept international students.
    • M-1 Student Visa
      • The M-1 "Vocational Student" visa is meant for students in vocational or other non-academic programs, other than language training.


    J-1 - Exchange Visitor Program - For individuals or families seeking temporary residence

    • Also known as a J-1 Visa, this is a non-immigrant visa issued by the United States to research scholars, professors and exchange visitors participating in programs that promote cultural exchange, especially to obtain medical or business training within the US.
    • All applicants must meet eligibility criteria, English language requirements, and be sponsored either by a university, private sector or government program.


    Temporary Worker Visas - Non-immigrant visa for individuals who possess an extraordinary ability. This visa is for individuals or families, or businesses for temporary residence

    • O-1 Visa - For individuals with extraordinary ability in the arts, sport, business, education, or the sciences.
    • O-1A Visa - For individuals with an extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics. The O-1A is not for individuals with extraordinary ability in the arts, motion pictures or television industry. For an O-1A, the O-2’s assistance must be an “integral part” of the O-1A’s activity.
    • O-1B - For individuals with extraordinary ability in the arts or extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry. For an O-1B, the O-2’s assistance must be “essential” to the completion of the O-1B’s production.
    • O-2 Visa (also known as O-2 Petitions: Personnel Accompanying O-1B Artists) - For supporting personnel of O1 Visa Holders. These are individuals who will accompany an O-1 - an artist or athlete, to assist in a specific event or performance. The O-2 worker has critical skills and experience with the O-1 that cannot be readily performed by a U.S. worker and which are essential to the successful performance of the O-1.
    • O-3 Visa (also known as O-3 Visas For The Family of O-1 and O-2 Work Visa Holders) - For Dependents of O1 and O2 Visa Holders - For individuals who are a spouse or a child or children of O-1’s and O-2’s.


    Temporary Worker Visas - For individuals or families who are seeking temporary residence

    • The P-1 visa (also known as P-1 Status for Internationally Recognized Athletes and Entertainment Groups) is a non-immigrant visa that allows individual or team athletes, along with, members of the entertainment industry to visit the US. It allows these individuals to compete, perform, promote themselves and to participate in athletics.
    • Because both athletes and entertainers are covered by this visa, there are two different P-1 Visas: P-1A and P-1B.
      • A team or entertainment group must consist of two or more members.
      • The group must have been formed at least a year ago and ¾ of the team members/entertainers should have been on the team/group for at least a year.
      • Either the athletic teams, athletes or entertainment group must be internationally recognized.
      • P-1A Internationally Recognized Athlete
      • P-1B Member of Internationally Recognized Entertainment Group (also known as P-1B Petitions: Group Performers - Artists From Abroad)
    • P-2 - Performer or Group Performing Under Reciprocal Exchange (also known as P-2 - Program Individual Performer or Part of a Group Entering to Perform)
      • Allows an individual performer or a group entering the US to perform as part of a reciprocal exchange program between the US and an organization in another country.
      • To qualify for this type of visa, you must be participating in a government sanctioned reciprocal exchange program and you or your group must possess skills equal to the US artist or group that is performing as the reciprocal group.


    Your Next Step in the Immigration Process

    Knowing which visa, classification, or program is the one that reflects your individual situation is daunting, to say the least, with the large number of immigration programs available.

    There are countless visa types and classifications to choose from when deciding to immigrate to the US, but are you certain you know and understand which one is the right one for your situation?

    Without all of the required documents submitted and if you make an error and apply for a visa that does not fit your situation, your case may be seriously delayed or rejected.

    Our team of experienced lawyers and immigration professionals will work with you to find the best solution for your specific situation. We focus on assessing your situation, providing the right options, and facilitating a tailored solution for your path to US immigration.

    My Visa Source is an award-winning immigration law firm based in Toronto and Vancouver, two of the most popular Canadian destinations. In practice for more than a decade, our team utilizes proven legal strategies and proprietary processes which contribute to successful cases.

    Call today at 1-888-509-1987 or take a minute to complete our online assessment.

    Take a Look at Some of our Client Reviews »

    "The team at My Visa Source has been so helpful throughout our application. I believe it's important to have the best in the industry assist with our application, i truly feel we made the correct decision in hiring My Visa Source. I would highly recommend them!!! Thank you Visa source for all you're help, we truly appreciate it."

     5 out of 5Rating by Suzi S.

    "I am very pleased with My Visa Source team. They are professional, efficient, and always on time with the application process. I was updated on every step of my application for my permanent residence. Every question or concern I had was answered immediately. I highly recommend My Visa Source Team!"

     5 out of 5Rating by Navdeep K.

    "They are amazing. They know what they are doing and will get the Job done.Offers payment options. They will make sure that everything is on track and help you get solution of your problem. they are the Best out there."

     5 out of 5Rating by Annu P.

    "Very helpful and answered all the questions that I asked."

     5 out of 5Rating by Kane R.

    "My questions were answered and the conversation was very helpful. I spent days online looking for accurate information, but learned more from a 10 minute phone conversation than all the research I did. Thank you very much. If I have need of your services in the future I will not hesitate to call."

     5 out of 5Rating by Russell S.

    "I received the best professional advice. I'd highly recommend MVS. I spoke with Angela, she is outstanding. I owe a BIG thank!! to her."

     5 out of 5Rating by Fawad I.

    "Angel was so helpful, she gave me a really good overview of my options and answered all my questions thoroughly!"

     5 out of 5Rating by Danni L.