Do I require a US work visa if I'm technically still in Canada?

    Posted by SBOC on Jan 27, 2014 4:56:11 AM

    I am a Canadian IT Specialist working for a Canadian consultancy company. A couple of years ago I was assigned to work for an American company remotely. I never traveled to the U.S. and I do not even have a visa, my salary was paid in CAD by the Canadian company.

    Now this American company wants me to work for them remotely. They want to pay me USD with a regular wire transfer. No travels to the U.S. I will continue living in Canada.

    Can this company hire me to work for them remotely? Do I need a visa even when I will not travel to the U.S.? If so, what kind of visa do I need?