Can I sponsor a parent for an indefinite stay within Canada due to a medical emergency?

    Posted by Kevin on Jul 25, 2013 12:44:34 PM

    I am a Canadian citizen but, my parents are not. My father has recently been diagnosed with cancer and I'm afraid that the treatments available to him back in our homeland are very limited. I want to bring him here for treatment and have no set timeline for how long he may remain in the country due to the uncertainty of his reaction to the procedures. What are my options? And, how do I begin this process?