If I buy properties in Canada is it considered "working" ?

    Posted by SBOC on Aug 19, 2014, 1:22:29 PM

    I am an American who just got married to a Canadian. She is in the process of sponsoring me, but I'd like to inquire a little further into my immigration options. If I buy properties for investment purposes in Canada is it considered "working" and would I need a work visa to buy such properties, or would I just be a foreigner purchasing real estate in BC? Looks like a Vancouver immigration lawyer is in my future.