Are there any visas specically aimed for research purposes?

    Posted by SBOC on Nov 8, 2013 1:14:52 PM

    I am an environmental student in Vancouver and would very much like to go to California to monitor their forest fires. I am intending to write a thesis on their cause and possible solution, but would need to be in the US for 8+ months. Are there any visas specially aimed for research purposes?