Applying for my Student Visa (while waiting for a legal name & sex change)...

    Posted by adam on Apr 26, 2013, 9:57:44 PM

    I am a US citizen accepted into a canadian university. I want to apply for my study permit as soon as possible. My issue is I am currently in the process of changing my legal name and my legal sex marker. Do you happen to know what I should do in this case? I need to start my application process soon but my name and sex will be legally changed mid-way through the process. Will CIC accept a court order showing these changes part way through my application for my study visa? My studies begin in september and wont be getting my court order until June. Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you